Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Disney's Repunzel Scrapbook Page

This week on the Red Carpet Studio Design Team Challenge was ANYTHING Disney.  I have a ton of Disney layouts to get done sooooo here it is.



My daughter loves Rapunzel and we spent 45 min in line to see her.  It was the only character we waited to see.  I used super expensive paper on this layout.  The pattern paper is a Disney Rapunzel paper It was 99 cents and I got on sale for 40% off.  the glitter cards stock was also 99 cents and I was able to purchase it for 40% off on sale.  The pink swirls are rub ons....I found on a clearance for 50 cents. I had tons left over so I can use again.  The flowers are vellum punches, and so are the leaves.  I also used something I have never used before.  Glitter.  I hate glitter but here I am putting it on a page...

Here is my tip.  I cute the edges off of the Rapunzel paper.  I cut the center out of the glitter paper so I could mat my photos.  This is an awesome way to streach the expensive papers.  This layout cost me under $3

I didn't follow a template or guide line I first just matted my photos, then just started putting things on the page until I liked it.  I then put the vellum flowers and leaves in my xeron sticker maker.... applied them to the page.  I then added just regular glue to the center of the flowers...and accented the swirls with some glue...and just went crazy with the glitter.  I used a small paint brush to remove any excess.
\\

Join Us in the Challenge....

Our challenge this week is anything goes Disney challenge - create any Disney-themed project! Cards, layouts, 3D projects, altered items... it's completely up to you! 


Our fabulous sponsor this week is The Paper Parade! They are giving away a $25 gift certificate to the randomly chosen winner of this week's challenge

Along with the randomly chosen winner of this week's challenge, the design team will also be taking a look at ALL of the submissions and voting on their top three "spotlight"submissions. The spotlight submissions, along with the random winner, will be announced on Tuesday October 9th and will receive a special badge for their blogs. 

1 comment: