Friday, July 27, 2012

Scrapbooking Update.

I have had so much fun with my summer scrapbooking.  I have about 60 pages to go.  My kids keep doing things so I keep adding to my page count.  With the Disney Trip, and having a new baby there are more pages in my albums this year than in years past.  I am completing about 4 pages per week, in addition to making birthday cards.  I have come to realize that every layout doesn't have to look like a magazine ready page...This realization has really helped me complete lots of pages that I LOVE.

I finished a 20 page Disney Album for less than $10, and in ONE DAY!.  I was given an 8x8 Disney Scrapbook for Christmas, and I am grateful.  My special Disney photos are in my 12x12 books.  I felt like I cheated.  I decorated the front and back of the same paper.  So I only used 5 yellow cardstock pages, and 5 black cardstock pages..  I purchased the Mickey paper at Micheal's on sale for 5 for $1 and cut 3inch strips.  Every page is exactly the same layout background.  The strips in the middle are scrap cardstock strips.  I matted each photo with coordinated paper. The entire album has lots of diffrent photo sizes, and I cropped some pictures as well. I used stickers as emblishments (I need to purchase a few more) and I used a small 1x1.5 tag punch to journal.  This is my first time ever scrapbooking on the front and back of a page and it worked out really well.  I saved myself lots of money and time, and I LOVE the results.


So far I have had great luck with just using the supplies in my Scrapbooking Cabinet.  I found this scallop circle and flipped it over to the white and really loved the results.  The butterfly, and scroll flower also had a completely different background.
Here is the finished page.

For the rainy day layout I really love this patten paper. I used a navy blue cardstock as a background.  The shape of the pattern paper I achieved by folding a 12x12 paper in quarters and free handing the design, when I unfolded the design it was even on all sides.  I used acrilec white paint to distress the edges.  I also added some paint details around the letters.


2 comments:

  1. They look magazine ready to me :) Great pics. I can't believe you do that much scrapping with a new baby and all.. WOW supermom! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the sumpermom comment lol.Your pages look great, I would love to get that many pages done hehe. Wanted to stop by and tell you I am looking forward to working with you on the RCS design team! I am a new follower:)
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete