Sunday, June 3, 2012

Simple Summer Salad


I asked my husband to purchase some preshredded cole slaw at the store so I could make some cole slaw for lunches.   He istead purchased this bag of broccoli slaw.   I made my own little recipie and it was a huge hit and I had to share it with you.  Now that I think about it I should have taken a better photo...

Ingredients
Bag of Broccoli Slaw
Can of Sweet corn (drained)
Can of Black beans (drained, and Rinsed)
Fresh chopped Cilantro
2 Lemon
Lemon Zest
2 Limes
1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar


Empty the bag of broccoli slaw in a mixing bowl and add the drained corn, and Black beans.  Then add the juice of your lemons, and limes.  Zest from one half of one of the lemons.  Lastly one table spoon of white wine vinegar.  Mix well.

I served this salad plain, and then used it to top a shrimp taco.  It is fresh and clean and good for you to..ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment