Sunday, June 3, 2012

REVIEW: The Great American Scrapbooking Convention

This weekend with baby in tow I went for the millionth time to the Great American Scrapbooking Convention.  This was the first year I went as just a patron I usually always go just to go to a crop or a class, and then visit the sales floor.  My personal opinion is that it wasn't worth going as a patron.  It cost $5 to park and $10 to get in.  I only spent spent $15 and got some great deals but when you factor in my parking and admission I didn't really get a good deal on my products.

here is their website.  http://www.greatamericanscrapbook.com/ehome/35554/57685/?&

I was able to get some paper kits at one vendor for $1.50  It included 2 sheets of Name brand paper (like bo bunny,Disney and harry potter) and matching stickers, and then lots of stickers and establishments for the price of $1 or less.  More than ever before the sales floor was dominated by membership scrapbooking clubs where the pages were already done just add your photos, and they are expensive.  There are also lots of precut lazer die companies so if that is what you want then it is really good....I didn't find as many bargins as I had hoped..It was nice to get out of the house but a little of a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment