My friend Dallas has posted 2 recipes on her blog you should check out. They are inspired by the same episode of TrueBlood. http://lovingtruebloodindallas.blogspot.com/2011/07/true-blood-recipe-of-week-grans-adele.html
Here is a video that should make you head to the store for all of your ingredients.
1 9inch pie shell
1/3 cup of melted unsalted butter
1 1/4 dark brown Sugar packed
1 cup for dark corn syrup
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla
1/2 a cup of heavy cream
1-2 cups of whole pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F
2. Combine the melted butter(I melt it in the microwave, allow it to cool so you don't cook the eggs) with the brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and heavy cream. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
3. Poke wholes in the bottom of your pie shell. (I know there is scientific a reason for this...but I do it because Grandma says so) The lay your pecans in the shell of your crust. This serves 2 purposes. You will roast your pecans and pre-bake your pie shell just a bit. Not all the way. I always time it at 8min. I don't line the pecans up exactly perfect...But if you like go for it...
4. Then pull your pie shell out and pour in your mixture. (YOU ARE pouring your mixture OVER the the pecans that are at the bottom of the pie shell) DON't over fill your crust. You will notice some of your pecans floating to the top...and that is perfect...
5. Bake your pie in the oven on the lowest rack for 35-40 minutes. It is VERY important that you don't over cook your pie. Some folks think because your pie is jiggly it is not done. But it is perfect.
6. Cool in the refrigerator before serving.
Let me know if you make it...
Oh note on the side of my pie....I am made homemade yeast rolls and honey butter...I will save that recipe for another time.