Sunday, July 10, 2011

Customize a Rubber Stamp

Halloween is just around the corner.  One of my faviorite times to shop is the day after halloween when everything is on clearance.  It is the only time of year I can find fun and interesting craft supplies.  I hear alot in the media about this Vampire Craze sweeping the nation.  You wouldn't know it to look at the sheleves at the craft store.   I am not a fan of the Cutesy Halloween Junk.  So I really have to dig to find what I like.  While at Micheal's I found this Vampire Stamp in the $1 stamp bin.  I liked the vampire , but I didn't like the wording.  

I pulled the rubber off of the back of the stamp and cleaned the blog with a glue be gone but you can use anything.   You have on hand. Then cut the words from the vampire image.  Don't use your GOOD fabric scissors for this.  


Once you have cut your vampire out you can now glue it back on your block with the E6000 glue (same tube I have used for the last projects) .  I let mine dry over night and I put a heavy can good on top to apply constant pressure while it drys.  

I want to see your altered stamps if you make one.  Remember to look in the $1 or clearance bins.  The best place to find Vampire Stamps is at Hallloween and the day after Halloween.  Don't forget to use your coupons.  All of the craft stores in my city have 50% off coupons each week.  I even sign up to receive coupons from my local craft stores.  




No comments:

Post a Comment