Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bella's T-Shirt Quilt....Now I want my own.

The T-Shirt Quilt Rene gave to Bella in Eclipse was so nice.  What a great memory to pass on to your daughter.
My son will be going to college in a few years and I have been hanging on to all of his shirts for the day when I can put them together in a quilt for him.  I really wanted to make the quilt myself, but I worry because if I mess up I can't replace those shirts and I want it to be machine quilted.  PLUS I would cry during the entire process.  So to save me the tears and frustration.... I am getting Fabric Artist 21 to make my quilt for me.
You can find her on Etsy Also here is her blog with all of her quilts.  I have been shopping around here price is REALLY good.

I don't have any special shirts I would want to make a quilt from.  I mainly steal shirts from my husbands closet...

Here are some of my Favs.


Did you know that the prop quilt took over 400 hours to make.  The reason is because each shirt was made by the prop master aged and then they assembled the quilt.  If you purchase the extended addition dvd you can read more about it.  I don't want to plagiarize.

4 comments:

  1. We spend most of our days making T-shirt quilts for our customers. 400 hours is a little much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a loving gift. Very pretty and warm (no doubt)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is TOTALLY awesome.. I will have to check out the site.. I love keepsakes like this.. We recently gave my MIL a quilt that had all the grandchildrens pics on it.. the kids sent away for it.. such a nice idea! these here are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete