Sunday, November 7, 2010

iCarly Spaghetti Tacos

If you have kids you have heard of iCarly and her older brother Spencer's wacky invention of spaghetti tacos.  My kids have been begging me to make this weird concoction.  So I went to iCarly to find the recipe.  I didn't think it sounded appetizing, so I made my own recipe.  If you don't have kids....here is a fun recipe bound to be a topic of conversation.  THIS IS AN AWESOME VEGETARIAN dish.  Just omit the meat, and add a vegetarian bean. (pinto or red bean)




Here are the ingredients you will need:
*White Corn Tortillas
*Ground Turkey Meat (or whatever you wish)
*Thin Spaghetti
*Can of Ranch Style Beans (or Chili Beans)
*Can of Rotel.  (I used mild with cilantro and lime)
* Shred Fiesta or Mexican blend cheese.  Crumbled feta cheese would taste good as well.
*Cilantro
*Black Olives.

1.Prepare the Spaghetti according to the package instructions.
2.At the same time brown the turkey adding a pinch of salt and pepper.  When the meat is completely brown drain your meat....add a can of Rotel (drain it well) and add to your meat.  Add a can of Chili beans. (we are breaking all the rules....it is okay to add the beans.
3.When Spaghetti is done add the meat and mix well.
4.  Warm your white corn tortillas in a pan or on a griddle.  I sprayed the surface of the pan with a light cooking spray.  Once you have cooked each side of the tortilla put them on a plate and top with spaghetti meat topping, cheese, cilantro, and  black olives.  FOR Heat add jalapeño slices.   Fold in half and enjoy.

I REALLY liked this.  I was very surprised.
I was thinking I needed to add more seasoning to the meat......but I am happy I didn't it tasted really good as is.  If I would have seasoned it any more it would not have been as good.  If you wanted to you could add a few tablespoons of hot sauce.  I was making this for my family so I kept the heat low...I don't want to repeat myself but to add heat add jalapeños.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment